Monday, September 28, 2015

Weekend Adventures: A Race, An Invention, and Some Angry Eyes

The weekend started with me running my second 5K on Friday night!  My friend Patty and I did the Palo Alto Moonlight Run.  My goal was to break 30 minutes - and I did it with a time of 29:47!!  Patty was WAY ahead of me and took 1st in our age group, which was huge since there were over 800 people doing the 5K!
Before!
After!  (I fail at taking pictures in the dark)
Saturday was a lazy day.  Kyla and I went to her Ballet class and the Farmers Market while Keanan and Zac worked on his new invention (not sure if it's secret or not, so I won't say what it is yet!).

On Sunday we got home from church and my left eye was hurting so bad!  I was bawling like a baby and couldn't do much for the rest of the day.  Zac and the kids took care of me and sorted Lego's (which is a full time job in this house.)  We did, however, make it up to Skyline (top of the ridge overlooking the Bay and the Ocean) to see the supermoon eclipse last night!  Very cool!

I got into the eye doctor today and it turns out my eyes are angry and rebelling at my constant wearing of contacts.  They never get a chance to breathe since I either have contacts in or am sleeping.  Sooo... no contacts for at least a week!  Thankfully I have an OLD pair of glasses.  I'm not excited about them.

I promise to have pictures of the cute kids instead of me next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment