Sunday, August 16, 2015

Washington Adventures: Family, Friends, and a glowing Fun Run!

Spinning wool with Nana
Grinding our coffee
Picking blackberries by the Mossyrock dam
Vawter Cousins!
After leaving Mossyrock we spent the afternoon and night with our friends in Yelm.  The kids were having so much fun, and I had to take Zac to the airport to get back to work, so I have no pictures!  We are now with my side of the family in Graham having lots of fun with cousins.
slip n slide with Lucy and Kate
Great Grandma in Arkansas made these hats for the girls
I have been running consistently since Mother's Day so my sister decided to sign us up to run a 5K!  It was a night run with glow sticks put on by Run 4 US - raising money for ultrasounds for the CareNet pregnancy centers!  Perfect! I had not run a 5K since high school, but all my training paid off and it felt great!
Before...
After!  I did it in 34 min and Ann in 36.  Lots of fun!!
On Sunday we had church in Graham and then drove back to Yelm for an afternoon with Jess, Casey, Zane, Nana and Grandpa.  The kids, Casey and Grandpa went for a hike down to the river and had lots of fun - despite a few bee stings.  We had a great dinner and said our goodbyes.  On the way back to Graham we swung by the Ireland's and I took this picture from their porch.  I have missed my mountain!
We are in Graham at my parents house for the rest of the trip - headed home on Thursday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment