Friday, May 10, 2013

Self Control

*SIGH*

This seems to be an issue of struggle in our house lately.  With Kyla it takes the form of throwing crying fits when she doesn't get her way.  With Keanan it is stopping whatever he is doing/playing to take a restroom break in time.  And with me, it's blasted Facebook.

I have lately found myself getting sucked in, wanting to stay up to date with the latest posts or information from the number of groups I am a part of.  The result was wasted time.  Time not spent engaged with my kids.  Time not spent on a number of things on my to-do list, and therefore feeling defeated by my lack of self-control at the end of the day.  It was so bad the other day I called a friend threatening to delete my account and needed her to talk me down!

I'm not saying Facebook is all bad.  I've had great conversations, a number of which have resulted in face to face conversations.  It is also my main resource for keeping up with the local birth community.  The bad part is how I am using it, or it's using me rather.

Therefore, upon my request, my helpful husband has gladly blocked Facebook on our computers - only to be un-blocked on Saturdays (we Sabbath from technology, as much as possible, on Sundays).  So, once again, this blog will be my main form of communication with the world.

Now I am off to better engage my children and, with the Lord's help, tackle their self-control issues of the day ;)

Also, if you think of my tomorrow (Saturday the 11th), please pray for wisdom and favor as I will be taking my exam for certification as a childbirth educator!

No comments:

Post a Comment