Monday, May 13, 2013

Live Where You Live

"Live where you live."  That was the title of the devotional today from Proverbs 31 Ministries this morning.  I was struck by this simple phrase.  The author of the devotional was using  Philippians 4:11 as the key verse: "I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances."

We had such a wonderful, relaxing Mother's Day weekend and I was reflecting this morning on the crazy amount of blessings in my life.  I am so thankful for all of them, and I want to live in the moment being content with where God has me right now.  

But at the same time, I don't ever want to be content with my spiritual growth.  I want to be always growing, always moving closer to Jesus.  Doing nothing is drifting away.  

Therefore, I will spend this day investing in the people around me, not worrying or planning for the future, not dwelling on the past.  I will spend this day with my eyes fixed on Jesus and with His help I will "live where I live."

Some Monday morning thoughts while I sip my tea. ;)  Have a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment