Saturday, March 30, 2013

How we prepare for Easter

Easter is a big deal.  I love the saying "Christmas is the promise, Easter is the proof."  They are both equally important, therefore, we prepare for Easter by celebrating Holy Week.

Every day this week we have journeyed with Jesus through his last week on earth.  Every day there was a new scripture passage to read and pray about.  The most intense day was Good Friday when we walked through the scriptural stations of the cross (red cards in the picture).  The most joyous day, of course, Easter Sunday (blue cards in the picture).

The kids and I have also been playing with / telling the story with our Resurrection Eggs - a great tool.  Lastly, we have been learning a hymn, He Lives.  Check out the wonderful words:

I serve a risen Savior, He's in the world today.  
I know that He is living, whatever men may day.
I see His hands of mercy, I hear His voice of cheer.
And just the time I need Him, He's always near.

He lives! He lives! Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me and talks with me along lifes narrow way.
He lives! He lives! Salvation to impart!
You ask me how I know He lives?  He lives within my heart!!

Happy Easter!  He is Risen Indeed!!

1 comment: