We leave for Mexico tomorrow!!! We are packed and ready to go - and SOOOO excited about the opportunity to serve God, serve people, and learn what He has to teach us this next week.
Will you pray for us? Here are a few specific needs:
- safety in travel, and that we all (there are 20 of us total) make it on the plane going and coming. We are flying non-rev with Alaska (kind of like standby)
- housing arrangements go smoothly and all the kids sleep!
- Safety for the guys while working on the brick machine
- patience and wisdom for the moms as we hang out with kids at the mission
- relationships with the families and kids at the dump
- health for all of us (most of us have colds at the moment) and the we can keep the kids from drinking the water!
- for the family the guys are making the bricks for, Carlos is the dad and his 2 youngest daughters come to the mission school
- that God will speak, (and we will listen!), as we step out of our comfort zones and culture!
- that baby Eli does not make his appearance until I get back! (our housemate, Amber's, baby due next month - I am the doula)
Thank you for your prayers! I am not sure about our internet access while down there, so probably won't post again until we get back next week. Adios!