Thursday, May 31, 2012

Some Business Updates - Cause I Know You Really Want To Know =)

After attending almost one birth a month last year, Zac and I decided it would be better for the family if I did a little less this year (like 6 instead of 10).  One birth a month might not sound like much, but let me tell you - it's a lot of work!  I meet each client about 5 times, not including the actually birth - which could be anywhere from a few hours, to a few days!  On top of having two little kids and trying to homeschool.  A little crazy!

Instead, I am teaching more childbirth classes - which I also love!  I volunteer at the Care Net Pregnancy Center in Olympia to teach a childbirth class one Saturday every three months, and also teach a Saturday class (that I charge for) in Yelm every couple months.  I am working on something online too - which I'll post more about later.

The Lord has given me a lot of peace with slowing down a bit in my birth work, which is good since He has also led me to the administrator position for children's ministry at our church =)  I get to do the behind the scenes paperwork/computer work - which I also LOVE! 

Teaching and administration/organization are really my spiritual gifts - and it feels great to be using them!  To God be the glory!

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome Jen! Praying that His grace will continue to fuel you all:)

    ReplyDelete