Sunday, April 1, 2012

Holy Week


While we are not Catholic, there are many things that I admire about the Catholic Church and came to respect after attending Saint Martin's University, a private Catholic college.  Reverence for God is one of these things - I think we miss a lot of that in Protestant churches.  Another is the celebration of Holy Week.  I knew about Palm Sunday, a little bit about Good Friday, and of course Easter, but that's about it.  There is so much more to it!  So this week we are digging in to our Catholic roots (on both my and Zac's side) and taking a journey with our kids though Holy Week!

I am using some great printables from here and the Stations of the Cross to help us along our journey.  Our theme in the school room this week is all about Easter, focusing on our Resurrection Eggs and memory verse, 2 Corinthians 5:17.  We are also learning my favorite Easter Hymn, He Arose, to sing at Grandma and Grandpa's house on Sunday.  I'm excited to make Resurrection Rolls with the kids on Easter too!

Our new camera is supposed to arrive tomorrow, so I will update with pictures as we journey through Holy Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment