Monday, March 5, 2012

Our Shelves for Letters Q & R

The past two weeks have been super busy and we haven't been able to spend as much time doing school stuff as usual, so the shelves stayed the same (I usually change them up every week).  I also combined all the Montessori style activities onto one shelf (6 different trays) and am using the other shelf for our letter work, books for reading time and puzzles.

On this shelf: number sheet with stones, cornmeal "writing practice", pom pom tweezing, foam letter toss game, animal classification cards, bean spooning

On this shelf (this one won't change much): workboxes, book box, puzzle, and art supplies

Action Shots:





Kyla's Q and R work - she's really starting to get into it!

3 comments:

  1. Hello.. where did you get the trays...if I set up this same system do I do a few activities at a time? and then keep changing them? Do I start at A? What did you use for the bowl of things into the jar?? etc etc?????????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the trays from Target. I change our shelf activities usually every week, sometimes every 2 - just depends on how often it gets used. We started with A, it was just what worked for us. All of the printables are from http://1plus1plus1equals1.blogspot.com/ or http://www.confessionsofahomeschooler.com/ For the bowls and such, I just recycled whatever we had in the house! All the jars are our old PB jars =) Best of luck to you!

      Delete
  2. You have some great activities on your shelves! I always loved using cornmeal boxes for writing as well as fossil hunts and other activities. I featured your post at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page: www.facebook.com/LivingMontessoriNow

    ReplyDelete