Sunday, January 1, 2012

Four Words

Dream, Inspire, Battle, Bloom

About two weeks ago I read a great post about taking a New Year's Planning Retreat from a wonderful blog, Keeper of the Home.  I was finally able to have my "retreat" time today to sit for a few hours talking to God and making goals for myself as a disciple, wife, mother, and business owner for 2012.  Part of this time was praying for a word for each of us for this year.  It is a focal point for my prayers, a theme for 2012.

Zac: DREAM  My husband is a visionary.  I love this about him.  I pray that God gives him many dreams this year and the wisdom and abilities to follow them.

Jen: INSPIRE  I want to be inspired by the Holy Spirit and by God's word in order to then inspire my husband, my children and others on towards Christ.  As I teach my kids this coming year I want to inspire them to develop a love of learning.  As I work with mothers-to-be I pray that I can inspire them to believe in themselves, their bodies, their babies, and the wonderful miracle of birth.

Keanan: BATTLE  When God placed this word on my heart I did not understand at first, but then saw how it fit so perfectly.  Keanan knows right from wrong and Zac and I see the battle raging in his mind and heart every day of which path to take.  I pray that he fights these battles with courage and truth as he becomes God's mighty warrior.

Kyla: BLOOM  She is becoming her own person, moving from baby/toddler to little girl.  I pray that God gives me wisdom to nurture and guide her as she grows into His beautiful princess.

In addition to these words, God laid some verses on my heart to guide and direct my path this year:

Proverbs 31: 25-27 She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.  She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue.  She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.


Welcome 2012!  I eagerly anticipate all the wonders that God has in store!

1 comment:

  1. I love these so much too- you pray for us and we will do the same for you:)

    ReplyDelete