Saturday, August 13, 2011

Run, Baby, Fair!

What a fun 24 hours we/me have had!

Last night we met Zac at the Rainier High School track for our first family run! Keanan did great and probably ran about 400m. I did 4 laps and Zac did 5, not bad for both of us being out of shape (and one of us only having 1 leg =) ). Kyla enjoyed the ride in the jogging stroller. We need to get up to 12 laps before the TMTL 5K that we are signed up for next month.

As we were putting the kids to bed I got an email from my client and left to help welcome her new baby! It was a beautiful, natural, completely intervention free hospital birth with a healthy baby girl. Mom was ecstatic and couldn't have imagined it going any better. I am still on a high from it! I even made it back home by 5am and was able to get a few hours of sleep in.

This morning the kids and I headed to Graham for the Pierce County Fair! We met up the the Johnson's and Lucy and Keanan had a BLAST going on some of the rides! It was so fun to see them out there by themselves, such big kids. We also had some yummy fair food and saw all the animals.

The only downside of the last 24 hours is that the kids did not nap today, which means neither did I (kind of a must after attending a birth all night). So we were all crabby =( I am off to bed early tonight!

Yay for running, babies, and fairs!



No comments:

Post a Comment