Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Home Preschool: Unit 6

We finished F for fish and feet today! We had lots of fun coloring, counting, lacing, cutting, painting, glueing, and reading. Kyla has been more interested in what Keanan is doing so now she gets her own tot-school worksheets. I am incorporating more Montessori type activities as well, which has been a lot of fun - and sometimes a challenge.We also had a Cars (the movie) theme this unit, which thrilled Keanan! Complete with a cars sensory tub (filled with rice). This is the first and only movie Keanan has really watched. Every day we get to see him as a race car running around the house, too fun =)

In other news: I am officially the new childbirth educator for CareNet (crisis pregnancy center) of Thurston County! God really put this wonderful ministry on my heart after reading "The Missional Mom", a great book about living with purpose, and being an example as such for your kids. The first class kicks off in October!

I leave tomorrow night for Arkansas to visit my Papa and will be gone until Monday night. It did not work out for Keanan to come with, so Zac will be home with the kids (with the help of our awesome friends the Ireland's while he is at work). Just thinking about being gone makes me miss them horribly. This will be the longest I have ever been away from my babies. =( Please keep all of us, and my Papa in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment