Sunday, July 24, 2011

Please Pray With Us

On the drive to the airport in Hawaii to board the plane home my mom made a call to my Grandparents in Arkansas. My Grandpa (Papa) has been battleing cancer for some time but the periodic treatments of chemo had seemed to be helping, although hard on him during the process.

After getting off the phone I saw tears running down my moms face. They have given up on the chemo and are calling hospice.

We are now scrambling to find funds and book flights to Arkansas. Right now it is my Mom, my sister Ann, niece Lucy, brother Mathew, sister-in-law Elizabeth, myself, and Keanan. We are trying to leave on August 4th.

I have waited until now to share this because I didn't know what to say. I amazingly still have all 4 of my grandparents living, and even one great-grandma. This is all new to me.

Please pray for my Papa. For comfort and peace. For him to feel the love of God and the arms of Jesus. For healing - if it is God's will. For comfort for the family (they have 5 kids, lots of grandkids, and 6 great-grandkids). For travel mercies as we all make our way there. For provision for expensive plane tickets. For wisdom and help for Zac as he will be home alone with Kyla while we are gone.

God is good, all the time. Even when we don't understand and can't see it. His love endures forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment