Monday, June 27, 2011

Yes, I'm a hippie.

Last night I made deodorant. (So far so good (and Zac is using it too!)) 2 tbl baking soda, 2 tbl cornstarch, 4 tbl coconut oil

I make my own cleaning solution: 1/4 cup baking soda, 1 cup vinegar, 10 drops tea tree oil in spray bottle filled the rest of the way with water. For a floor cleaner omit baking soda and double vinegar (add 5 drops of peppermint oil to keep away pests and leave a light minty smell).

I make my own shampoo: 1 tbl baking soda and 1-2 drops essential oil (See here) per 1 cup water stored in an old shampoo bottle in the shower

I make my own conditioner: (only need to use is 2 times a week though) 1 part apple cider vinegar to 4 parts water with 1-2 drops lavender essential oil.

I use old cloth diapers as rags for everything (we have no paper products in our house besides toilet paper)

I use Burt's Bee's products for everything for me and the kids (body wash, face wash, sunscreen, lotion,...)

I use only natural/organic makeup. (Do you know how toxic the normal stuff is?? 1# toxin that kids get into in the home)

We cloth diaper. We recycle. We use natural laundry and dish detergent. We eat fresh / local / organic as often as possible.

AND, for the most part all of that stuff saves us money! I also feel so healthy. Just thought I'd share. =)

1 comment:

  1. I think that definitely makes you a hippie, but it's awesome! I don't think I'm brave enough to try making my own deodorant, but I totally want to try making my own shampoo and conditioner. You've inspired me, Jen!

    ReplyDelete