Thursday, May 19, 2011

I have never owned a scale.

And I probably never will. For me, it is not about weight. I could really care less about how much or little I weigh. What is important to me is that I am healthy, fit, and not flabby.

In the last few years I have slowly been turning more and more "green". With this I have been more conscious about what we as a family put on and in our bodies. We eat way healthier than we did last year. I have also switched out all our cleaning and body/beauty products to natural ones. So I'm doing pretty good with the healthy part.

It's the fit and not flabby parts that have caused me some troubles. I have tried and tried to be good about doing my Pilates on a more regular basis - but it seems that something else of more importance comes up (like sleep!). Then I got really motivated...

My parents are taking our entire extended family to Hawaii in July (I know, they are crazy and awesome all at the same time!) My sister and my mom have been joined a gym and been attending a "Booty Camp" class (well, really just Mom at the moment as Ann is recovering from DOUBLE knee surgery - which she lost a bunch of weight from, but that is really not a suggested way to slim down!) Mom is doing great! And looks great! (she reads my blog, so I just scored some points =) )

I came home from visiting on Mother's Day bound and determined that I would not be the only one in Hawaii with a flabby post-baby belly! And so...

For the past 2 weeks I have gotten up at 6:15am at least 4 days a week to run! It's only about 2 -2 1/2 miles, but it's something! I feel awesome and am actually enjoying it! It is a great way to de-stress and start my day. I have been running around the Cougar Mountain Airport and it is soo beautiful in the morning. I have yet to see another person. Just me and my friend Mace (makes me feel safe =) ).

This is quite a miracle for me. Since Zac and I have been married anytime I would attempt to run, or even walk fast, I would breakout in horrible itchy hives on my legs. It was awful. I ran track and cross-country in high school so this did not make sense. I even went to the doctor, but they had no idea. I just resolved that I was allergic to exercise. But in the last 2 weeks, no hives! Not even a little itch! I prayed like crazy before I took off for that first run. God is so good!

So I am feeling healthy, fit and not near as flabby! Bring on Hawaii! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment