Friday, March 4, 2011

The end of a stage

It's official, we are done. I am no longer a nursing mommy. This end is bittersweet for me.

Since September 2007 (3 1/2 years!!!) I have been pregnant or nursing or both! This sometimes annoying but mostly wonderful time is now over forever as we are not having any more kids and Kyla is totally weaned. I would not have changed anything for the world. I have loved the closeness of breastfeeding with my kids, knowing I was doing something so amazingly good for them.

I am also very glad to have my body back. I no longer am sharing it with another little person. I am also looking forward to owning some well fitting, pretty bras again!

If you are pregnant and considering breastfeeding, or a nursing mom in the middle of it, I highly encourage you to buy/check out "The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding" written by the founders of the Le Leche League. It is a great resource and a pretty easy read. Very encouraging.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go, Mama! If I was emotional with weaning my first baby, I know I'll be super emotional with my last!! Thank YOU for being such an encouragement to breastfeeding mamas and mamas in general. Enjoy the pretty bras!

    Oh, and I totally 2nd the book rec!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try out the maidenform dream bra. Maybe not "pretty" as in lacy, etc. but I've recently discovered them and love them-especially on my post-nursing chest.

    ReplyDelete