Monday, February 21, 2011

Sickness

It has invaded our home yet again.

Our weekend started by taking Kyla to urgent care for a high fever. She got all checked out and the result was a virus. So home we went with instructions for lots of fluids and rest. Poor baby.

On a fun note: while Kyla and I were sitting in the exam room waiting on the doctor, Zac and Keanan decided to go off on an adventure. It was about 7:30pm so in the dark they drove to downtown Olympia and played in the fountain! They did not get wet (to the complete shock of the mommy) and had a grand time.

Kyla's fever seemed under control the next morning so we headed to Graham to wash laundry (stupid washing machine!). Zac did not want to sit around and wait on the washer so he. Keanan, Brian and Lucy decided to head out on another adventure. This one took them to mini car races at Frontier Park, the Narrows bridge, the old lumber mill at Point Defiance, and the waterfront at Point Defiance.

Kyla and I stayed home from church on Sunday just to be safe about infecting the rest of the kiddos in the nursery. In the afternoon Keanan developed the fever. They both have hacking coughs and lots of snot. Oy.

So as I medicate my kids again, I remind myself to be thankful that it is just a virus and not something more serious. This too shall pass.

1 comment:

  1. Keep hanging in there, and sooner or later it will end. At least, that's what I keep telling myself. Beverly & I have been sick for over 2 weeks now, and it STILL won't clear up. We've gone through a box & a half of kleenex already. Oy!

    ReplyDelete