Thursday, February 3, 2011

Am I Messing Up My Kids?

This morning was the last bible study get together for some friends and I that have been going through the book by Lysa TerKeurst, "Am I Messing Up My Kids? and other questions every mom asks". This has been a wonderful study and I have learned a lot about myself.

We all agreed that one of the points that stuck with us was the fact that God has given us these specific kids and we are the PERFECT mom for them. He knows what he is doing. He knows us, he knows our kids, we were meant to be together.

Three other things that really stuck with me are not to define myself by the accomplishments or failures of my kids, it is okay and necessary to take time for me, and to be intentional about praying for today and my kids future.

I highly recommend this book for any mom looking to do a bible study on their own or with a group.

No comments:

Post a Comment