Thursday, January 6, 2011

One word prayer

Lysa (president of Proverbs 31 Ministries) has an intriging post on her blog today. She is coming up with one word prayers for her kids this year, "So during 2011, I will have one word chosen specifically for each of my kids as a focal point when I pray for them." What a great idea! I am stealing this for my kids, Zac, and myself.

Keanan's word is DISCOVER. He is a little sponge, asking questions and learning all that he can about his world. I pray that he will discover something about God every day. I pray that he will discover more things that fascinate him. I pray that he will discover how even he, an amazing 2 1/2 year old, can be used by God in his little world.

Kyla's word is GROW. Today my baby girl is 11 months old! I pray that she will continue to grow strong physically. I pray that she will grow in her independence as she moves from baby to toddler. I pray that she will grow spiritually toward her heavenly daddy as her mind grows and understands who he is.

Zac's word is ADVENTURE. He craves it. I pray that he sees the adventure God has planned for him each day. I pray that he chases the bigger adventure that God is revealing to him for our family. I pray that he helps others see the adventure that God has planned for them.

My word is COURAGE. This year is going to be one of much change. I usually tend to resist change. I pray that the Lord gives me courage to step out into the unknown. I pray for courage as a mother to my kids in this crazy world. I pray for courage as a wife. I pray for courage as I begin my journey as a doula.

What are your words?

No comments:

Post a Comment