Friday, January 28, 2011

He holds my hand

Jesus gave me a beautiful picture of us (he and I) today. Throughout my day he is always right there with me, I know this in my head. But to really BE with him and invite him into my day I just need to reach out and take his hand.

His hand is always offered, always warm, safe and inviting. Full of power, grace and love. But so often I ignore his hand. I get into a state of "I do it myself", which never ends well. Even in the mundaneness of mommyhood he wants to hold my hand!

So today as I pick up cheerios, wipe noses, change diapers, clean the kitchen and all the other numerous tasks that await me - I will be holding my Savior's hand.

Thank you Jesus for such a perfect picture. Thank you that you know exactly what I need today. Please help me to realize when I let go of your hand so that I can turn to you and hold tight to it again. Amen!

1 comment:

  1. oh Jen you really are amazing I love you and I love reading your blogs :) especially this one today! thank you! I will also be holding his hand more often,and if I let go I will remember your post ;)
    love, Jackie

    ReplyDelete